Monday, September 12, 2011

A Perfect Christmas


My Idea of a Perfect Christmas
(by Jose Mari Chan)

Verse 1:
Is to spend it with you

In a party
Or dinner for two
Anywhere would do

Celebrating the yuletide season
Always lights up our lives
Simple pleasures are made special too
When their shared with you

Verse 2:
Looking through some old photographs
Faces of friends we'll always remember
Watching busy shoppers rushing about
In the cool breeze of December

Sparkling lights, all over town
Children's carols in the air
By the Christmas tree
A shower of stardust on your hair

Chorus:
I can't think of a better Christmas
Than my wish coming true
And my wish is you'd let me spend my whole life with you

Repeat Verse 2

Chorus

My idea of a perfect Christmas is spending it with you...
While strolling around the mall yesterday with my friends, I heard this wonderful song. (By the way, the Christmas season here at the Philippines starts at the -ber months, September until December.) Suddenly, a sort of nostalgic feeling embraced me. For a while, I stood there, staring at nowhere - reminiscing my childhood when I first heard this song.

It seemed time flies by so fast. Born in the heart of Manila, amidst the chaos of my environment, amidst the noise of the vehicles rushing through the street, amidst the complications of a busy city, this song played. Though, as a 5-year old boy, I didn't care much about anything that was happening around me.

It has been what, 21 years, but the song seemed to be so lively in my heart as I was back then at that city.

Have a pleasant day my friend, and may this song chill you out today!

© 2011 Erickson Ibana

1 comment:

  1. I love Christmas. And the fact that the season starts so early here. :-)

    Fickle Cattle
    ficklecattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete