Monday, December 30, 2013

Ignite 365: 5 of 365

Psalms and Wisdom Literature: Psalm 4

It is about a Psalm of David. This is a prayer of someone who has put his faith on the Lord and calling upon Him in times of distress.


Pentateuch and History of Israel: Genesis 5

This states Adam's descendants up to Noah. It is interesting that Enoch is found here.

"Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took him."
Chronicles and Prophets: 1 Chronicles 5

These are the lists of the descendants of Reuben, Gad, and the half-tribe of Manasseh.


Gospels and Epistles: Luke 2:22–52

Luke narrated here how Jesus Christ was presented to the temple and how Simeon (a man in Jerusalem who was righteous and devout) prophesied "for my eyes have seen your salvation."
It is also on this part that Jesus was left at the temple listening and asking questions to the elders, saying “Why were you looking for me? Did you not know that I must be in my Father's house?"

© 2013 Erickson Ibana

"Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path." -Psalm 119:105

No comments:

Post a Comment