Wednesday, February 5, 2014

For the Love of my Life



Since we are in the month when predominantly the "love is in the air", let me share to you my poem for my sweet inspiration - the Love of my life!

Actually, I have written this way back 2011 in my past post about the 6 Types of Love. (And if you would like to know what type of love is dominant in you, please do check it out.)

For the Love of my Life
© 2011 Erickson Ibana

That when everything else around me seems to fail,
And when my faith seems to falter,

When all I hold on to seems to be gone,
And all my hopes and dreams  seem to vanish.

When things are not going as I first expected,
And frustrations seem to eat away my flickering faith…

Whenever I look at your love for me,

And focus on your unconditional love,

Everything around me starts to dim,

Giving me another reason to strive,
And run this race called “life”,

For You and only You, my God, my Friend.

I might consider myself a failure in this "area" (one reason might be my extreme introversion, most especially towards the person that I like, and other "valid" reasons), but there is one thing that I have proven to be true all along - Jesus Christ, with His unconditional love, did not leave me even at those times when my faith on Him was weak and rather chose to please myself.

I might not know the future yet (and that includes my future wife), but I am sure He will never leave me (because He promised it, and I believe He will keep His promise).

Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” - Hebrews 13:5
You might have found your "better half" already or still in the progress of meeting that person, but still, know that it is Jesus Christ who is the only Person who can love you unconditionally - but you have to let Him love you first by surrendering your life and turning away from your sinful ways.

I hope and pray that God would open your heart and your eyes, by His grace, for you to see how you really need Jesus Christ in your life. And to fully experience a lasting satisfaction from this "Love Month" on!

© 2014 Erickson Ibana

Image can be found at http://www.saidaonline.com/en/news.php?go=fullnews&newsid=34982

No comments:

Post a Comment