Sunday, December 29, 2013

Ignite 365: 4 of 365

Psalms and Wisdom Literature: Psalm 3

It is about a Psalm of David when he fled from Absalom (his son). It is noted here that David completely trusted the Lord for his safety:

"But you, O Lord, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head. I cried aloud to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy hill."


Pentateuch and History of Israel: Genesis 4

This narrates how Cain was different from Abel. Both offered their sacrifices and offerings. One offered them through his faith (Abel), while the other just offered for the sake of giving something out (Cain). It is also on this chapter that Cain killed his brother Abel, was exiled and cursed at the same time.


Chronicles and Prophets: 1 Chronicles 4

These are the lists of the descendants of Judah and Simeon. This is where Jabez (sounds like the Hebrew for "Pain") is found. It is interesting that amidst a long list of names, these were written:


"Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm so that it might not bring me pain!” And God granted what he asked."


Gospels and Epistles: Luke 2:1–21

Luke narrated here how Jesus Christ was born. It is also interesting that of all the people at that time, the angels delivered the message of Jesus' birth to the shepherds, the lowest of the people. Indeed, Jesus Christ came to seek and save who are lost and know in themselves their real state (a wretched man who needs a Savior).

© 2013 Erickson Ibana

"Your word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path." -Psalm 119:105

No comments:

Post a Comment